Article of the week: Praying to Kill Your Enemies by Abioye Joshua @GospelAffairsNg
READ: Psalm 23:5 KJV
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
You!!!, Praying that the Lord should kill your enemies. Well, it is good because there are some of your enemies that need to die in order for you to move forward. Examples:
- It was when Pharaoh and his hosts perish, that the children of Israelite moved forward.
- It was when King Uzziah died that Prophet Isaiah saw the Lord.
- It was after the death of Ahitophel( the man known for his sagacity) that David ascended the throne.
- Lastly, it was after the death of King Herod, Jesus was returned back to Nazareth from Egypt where He was taken to.
Likewise, I don’t dispute the facts that some enemies need to die! Why? Because some had vowed with their lives like they did unto Paul by saying “Neither shall we eat nor drink till Paul is killed”.But!!!! Let’s view it from this perspective!!!
If we are always praying to God to kill our enemies and God answers them all, How will His word come to reality in our lives ” Psalm 23:5 KJV
THOU PREPAREST A TABLE BEFORE ME IN THE PRESENCE of MINE ENEMIES:
Note: Not in their ABSENCE Not when they are dead that God will prepare a table, it is when they are still alive that God will prepare a table_
See! listen to me , some of our enemies don’t need to die, because they are the ones that God will prepare a table before us
1. Those that they never believe you can amount to something good in life.
2. Those that has the opportunity to help you but because they don’t want you to be greater than them or greater than their children
3. Those that seeks all means to obstruct the plans of God for your life. They never want you to actualize your dreams. With that, they either go about destroying your reputations in front of helpers or lying against you, or unconditional bitterness towards you. … Joseph and His brothers.
Etc… See if those people die before you make it, in whose presence will God now prepare for you? In the front of your friends? No!!! Success not celebrated in the front of your enemies is not a Good Success.
It is when you are able to stand before your enemies like Joseph did in front of his brothers that didn’t want his dreams to come through and said ” But as for you(my brothers), ye thought evil against me, but God meant it unto good(Gen 50:21a) that you have a good success. It is when your success make them to be speechless and say “Had we known, we shouldn’t have done this to him/her”
Some of your enemies don’t need to die, they must be at your table which the Lord will prepare before you!
God bless you